Historical Place of Corregidor

9

"Spanish lighthouse"
Hi everybody! I've been to lots of trips last month and thanks to my work for giving me those opportunities. To bad I was struck by tonsillitis and flu after attending to different events. But nothing to worry, God is good and now I'm on my recovering stage. To start with, I'm going to share with you one of the historical places I've been, the Corregidor Island, Philippines. Here are some shots I took during the trip.



"Barracks ruins" 
Mile Long is the longest military barracks. It was ruined during World War II.
"Gun emplacements". BOOM!
"Bullet was imprint".
"Malinta Tunnel". 
There is an audio-visual presentation inside the tunnel where they present the events during the World War II including the departure of Pres. Manuel Quezon and Gen. Douglas MacArthur on submarine from Corregidor to Australia. 
"General Douglas MacArthur was there too".
"Philippine Money".
Trivia: Do you know that those money can only be used per designated areas only?


Island of Corregidor is rich with Philippine History that will take me a lot of time to elaborate. I guess the best way is for you to visit the place and experience seeing  those historical places.

Have you been to Corregidor or other Historical places in the Philippines?
Go ahead and leave a comment below. 
I love to read all your stories. =)
Manila scenery during sunset.Thanks for dropping by! 



-Carmella-



Tag: Travel trip, Island of Corregidor, Philippines, Historical Place

9 comments:

  1. It is one of the places I want to visit someday! Your photos make me want to go there now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will surely be full with lots of historical stories there.. Thanks for dropping by Debie.. Let's follow each other? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Sure, following you via Google Reader :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome pictures! Your blog is really adorable, hun! Hope you'll also stop by at my website.

    Keep bloggin'
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maho.. =) I love to check yours too..

      Delete
  4. I seriously want to visit this place. Sana.. one day. hehe :)
    care to visit my blog?

    xoxo,
    Rae
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanted to go home! Proud to be Filipino!
    Very interesting scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. historical places are always great sources of good photo material :D
    love your photos, especially the scenery <3

    xx, Connie
    cheerylili.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice collection of pictures! Good job.

    ReplyDelete